Robotic Joint Surgeon in Delhi explains Osteoarthritis as joint disease characterized by the breakdown of cartilage, the protective tissue that cushions the ends of bones within joints. As the cartilage wears away, bones rub against each other, causing pain, stiffness, and reduced joint mobility.
Causes of Osteoarthritis:
Factors that cause Osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Age: The risk of Osteoarthritis increases with age due to wear and tear on joints accumulated over the years.
- Joint Injuries: Previous joint injuries, such as fractures or dislocations, can increase the risk of OA in the affected joint.
- Obesity: Excess body weight puts additional stress on weight-bearing joints, such as the knees and hips, also can lead to osteoarthritis.
- Joint Misalignment: Improper joint alignment or congenital joint abnormalities can contribute to the development of OA.
What are the Symptoms of Osteoarthritis?
- Joint Pain: Persistent pain in the affected joints, during or after movement.
- Stiffness: Stiffness in the morning or after inactivity
- Reduced Range of Motion: Difficulty in moving the affected joint through its full range of motion.
Joint Swelling: Swelling and tenderness around the affected joint may occur, indicating inflammation.
Grating Sensation: A grating or grinding sensation during joint movement called crepitus.
Treatment of Osteoarthritis in Delhi
Dr Simon Thomas is an experienced knee replacement in surgeon in Delhi. It is been said that Osteoarthritis has no complete cure but with proper consultation and treatment, this condition can be controlled. He is helping patients dealing with joint disorders through the following methods:
- Medicines, Ointments and Injections: He prescribes the appropriate medicines for pain relief and inflammation in joints
- Physical Therapies: Dr Simon evaluates the condition of the joints of patients and prepares the proper exercises, and activities as per their impact on the body, techniques that protect further damages to the joint. Treating such disorders also requires maintaining a healthy weight that the joints can easily hold and balance.
- Osteoarthritis Surgery: If none of the above treatment methods work as expected, surgery becomes the only treatment alternative. With Arthroscopy or Total Joint Replacement surgery of affected cartilages or joints respectively, Dr Simon has treated thousands of patients.
Book Appointment as per OPD schedule
Dr. Simon Thomas Robotic Joint Replacement Centre
Tuesday: 05:00 PM – 08:30 PM
Wednesday: 03:00 PM – 05:00 PM
Thursday: 05:00 PM – 08:30 PM
Friday: 05:00 PM – 08:30 PM
Sehgal Neo Hospital (Meera Bagh, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi)
Monday: 03:00 PM – 05:00 PM
Tuesday: 12:00 Noon – 03:00 PM
Thursday: 12:00 Noon – 03:00 PM
Saturday: 12:00 Noon – 03:00 PM